SOLLAU Configurator is an interactive tool enabling an indicative selection of equipment for magnetic separation based on the input of a few basic parameters and on the specification of the application conditions.
The basic advantages of this configurator include:
- online access and immediate presentation of results (= without typing long emails with demands or waiting on the phone for available sales personnel)
- free use
- comprehensibility and clarity
- fast, simple and intuitive input of parameters (just ten clicks suffice to indicatively select the recommended separator)
- linguistic versatility (= explanations of each parameter in six languages)
- graphic symbols and pictures supplementing verbal description
- mutual check of the individual input parameters combination and exclusion of unsuitable combinations
The selection wizard that will help you select the most suitable SOLLAU separator is an application widely used by the end customers, distributors and potential clients. At the same time, however, it also helps beginning distributors (or those interested in distribution) of the SOLLAU brand narrow the selection process of the right separator.
Despite all the advantages of the configurator, it is still only an indicative selection and in any case we recommend that the client, before placing the final order, consults the suitability of the selected separator for the needed application with our professionals. One of the reasons is that the configurator, in most cases, offers several possible solutions and only a professional human factor is able to choose the optimum solution. The same applies also to some special cases when, after inputting the parameters, the desired product is not found (however, our business department staff will try to offer a product that will correspond with your requirements and match the required application).
Do not hesitate to try out our unique configurator and take advantage of the benefits offered by this unique application!
Instructions for using the configurator
- In the individual fields, fill in the basic information about the material which you need to clean.
- All fields are mandatory. To ensure the most accurate suggestion of the most appropriate separator, it is recommended to supply as accurate information as possible.
- After filling in the values, press the "Search” button. Subsequently, a list of the most suitable products from our portfolio is displayed.
1. Type of material
Material means the product which is to be rid of the undesirable ferromagnetic contaminants. There are dry, semi-liquid and liquid materials.
Fraction means a maximum size of particles contained in the material (it is not the size of the undesirable ferromagnetic contaminants).
When selecting a value, you should choose such a type of material that is most closely matching the characteristics of your own material.
Fraction under 10 mm and above 10 mm
2. Material permeability
Well permeable material is such a particulate product which does not have a tendency to bridging, blocking smooth flow of the material or sticking to the walls (in silos, containers, hoppers etc.).
Poorly permeable materials include the majority of coarse, grained, fibrous and flaky substances.
Well penetrating material
Poorly penetrating material
3. Minimum size of the ferromagnetic particles
Define the minimum size of the ferromagnetic particles you want to separate from the material.
Indicative size of the particles:
0 µm – 1 µm: not visible to the naked eye, e.g. the finest clay
1 µm – 60 µm: materials like clay, mud, etc.
60 µm – 100 µm: very fine sand
101 µm – 1 mm (= 1000µm): fine to coarse sand, flour (e. g., flour has the size of some 150 µm, wheat semolina 200 to 600 µm).
Above 1mm: very coarse sand.
4. Conveying pressure system (without pressure, under pressure, vacuum system)
Specify the pressure used in the conveying system.
5. Kind of transport
Definition of the equipment used for the transport of the material. Belt conveyors and chutes are used especially for the transport of bulk or semi-liquid materials, pipelines can be used to transport bulk materials, liquids, gases, or their mixtures. Free fall (i. e. falling under the sole influence of gravity) is used (in the area of magnetic separation) mostly for the transport of dry material.
6. It is necessary to capture paramagnetic particles (contained in the material)
The paramagnetic and ferromagnetic particles are composed of the same type of atoms but differ in their arrangement.
The paramagnetic particles cannot, unlike the ferromagnetic ones, retain magnetism without the presence of external magnetic field. It is therefore considerably more difficult to capture these particles by magnetic separation. Typical representatives of the paramagnetic materials are, for instance, aluminium, manganese, platinum, sodium etc.
7. Material is abrasive
If the hard particles of the material or material protrusions in course of the contact with the surrounding material cause a mass loss of the surrounding solid surface, then the material is considered to be abrasive.
8. Requirement for heating (material has tendency to solidify)
If the transported material has tendency to solidify, it is necessary to use heated pipeline for its transport.
9. Requirement for the separation of non-ferrous metals from the material
Non-ferrous metals must be removed from the material. The most common non-ferrous metals include aluminium, copper, lead, nickel, tin, titanium, zinc and alloys like, for instance, brass.
10. Separator cleaning
Requirement for manual or automatic cleaning. If it is necessary to ensure continuous operation of the production line or in case of a high occurrence of ferromagnetic contaminants in the material or if a user friendly solution is needed, the separator with automatic cleaning is the only convenient choice.