18. 1. 2024
Avoiding flat tires at a scrap metal processor by using the tow behind magnetic sweeper MS 2000 FALCON (case study)
The customer wanted us to find a solution that would reduce the number of tire punctures at their scrap yard. He hoped to reduce tire replacement costs by at least 50 % thanks to the improved company's interior paths cleaning.
We have tested the tow behind magnet MS 2000 FALCON. This magnetic sweeper can be easily attached to the towing device of any standard car.
The test operation was carried out on an area of 50 x 40 m which was cleaned within 5 minutes.
Using a tow behind a magnetic sweeper we captured scrap of various sizes. The smallest particle was a nut in M8-size; the largest metal object was 25 x 15 cm!
When we did a second cleaning of the same area, we only captured a few small ferrous debris. The efficiency of the first cleaning was more than 97%!
The customer appreciated the efficiency and speed of the magnetic sweeping. He got convinced of its positive influence on the reduction of the tire puncture costs.
Benefits of using the magnetic sweeper MS 2000 FALCON
The customer evaluated our solution as beneficial and incorporated the use of the tow behind magnet MS FALCON into their daily maintenance routine.
The application of the magnetic sweeper MS 2000 FALCON had the following positive consequences:
- During the cleaning of a heavily contaminated area, we achieved an efficiency of 97 %
- By regularly cleaning the surface, it can be supposed that more than 99 % of contaminants can be eliminated
- If cleaned regularly, an area of 2,000 m2 can be cleaned in 5 minutes
- Preventing tire punctures
- Reduced tire replacement costs
- Quick investment return thanks to significant financial savings
Applied equipment: Magnetic sweeper MS 2000 FALCON
Advantages of magnetic sweepers MS FALCON
- Easy installation behind cars, tractors, sweeping machines
- Three model lines - working widths of 2000, 3000 and 6000 mm
- Attractive price/performance ratio
- Possible customization – wide range of optional equipment
- Sweeper is equipped with ferrite or neodymium magnets
- Convenient quick-release system = easy cleaning
- Maximum cleaning capacity (up to 156 000 m2/h)
- Adjustable suspension height (from 30 to 200 mm)