Laboratory matrix separators MX-L
Wet type high gradient permanent magnetic separator MX-L can be used separation of weakly magnetic ferrous particles and even paramagnetic minerals (like pyrrhotite, roasted ore, ilmenite, hematite) in order to upgrade non-ferrous minerals (like apatite, kyanite, wollastonite, wolframite, tantalum-niobium ore, manganese, feldspar, quartz, nepheline, fluorite, sillimanite etc.).
How does laboratory matrix magnetic separator work?
Magnetic matrix separator consists of a metal housing, a permanent magnetic system (neodymium magnets) and a feeding hopper or pipeline flange. While the liquid material passes by gravity through the matrix case (filled up with magnetic stainless steel wool), the ferrous particles are caught and collected inside of the matrix thanks to the very intensive magnetic field generated by extremely strong neodymium magnets. The slurry inlet can be constantly checked by the inspection window. Beside the ferrous particle the matrix mesh is able to catch also bigger non-magnetic particles.
Which way is matrix separator cleaned?
In the course of manual cleaning the inner matrix case (filled up with stainless steel wool) is taken out of the separator and afterwards it can be either cleaned by pressure washing or the contaminated steel wool can be exchanged for clean stainless steel wool.
This special magnetic separator is characterized by the following advantages:
- Very high separation efficiency
- Separation of very fine ferromagnetic particles (from 0,1 µm up to 1 mm)
- Strong neodymium magnets generate high magnetic induction (up to 8000 Gauss in the separation zone)
- Very deep magnetic field
- Low maintenance costs
- Low operational costs
- Favourable alternative to much more expensive electromagnetic wet high intensity separators (WHIMS)
- Various matrix cases are available
- Simple design and high capacity
- Simplified operating method
- Energy saving and environment friendly
- This separator is available in various sizes
- Broad range of applications
Wet type high gradient permanent magnetic separator MX-L can be used separation of weakly magnetic ferrous particles and even paramagnetic minerals.
|Product||Maximum capacity (m3/h)||Datasheet|
|MX-L 05||0,5||display PDF|
Which industrial branches can the laboratory matrix magnetic separator be use of in?
Laboratory high gradient separator MX-L is used for material testing in mining, chemical, ceramic industries as well as in other kinds of laboratory and testing institutions.