Eddy Current Separator ECS / Non-ferrous metals separators
ECS separator of non-ferrous metals works on the principle of so called eddy currents. From where also its assumed marking „eddy current separator“ comes. Very quickly rotating magnetic poles create the versatile and short magnetic field magnetizing every conductive particle occuring in its outreach for the limited time. Magnetic polarity of the particles magnetized in this way is the same as polarity of the magnetic field created by rotor of separator. That is why the magnetized materials are repulsed and thrown away automatically out of the conveyor belt.
Design of the separator for non-ferrous metals
This separator consists of up to three prnciple modules
- Module with a magnetic rotor (1)
The modul being delivered standardly is the middle one (1) with the magnetic rotor having the extremely strong neodymium magnets embedded in the driven roller of belt conveyor. The rotor sheating, which the induction roller is positioned in, is made of a special non-magnetic material with fibreglass content. The beginning feeding module (3a/3b) and the final assorting module (2) belong to the optional accessories.
- Feeding module (3a/3b)
Beginningfeeding module ensures partly pretreatment of the material and also its correct and uniform spreading on the conveyor belt of the separator. This is a key condition for an optimum level of separation especially at middle-sized and fine material fractions. The beginning module is recessed with e. g. magnetic drum (3b) or magnetic roller or also magnetic plate above the conveyor-belt to catch the ferromagnetic particles or with the vibrating feeder (3a).
- Assorting module (2)
Final assorting module ensures the comfortable splitting of the material fractions assorted. It is a box with a deviding barrier that can be translocated either axially or in pre-set distances according to magnetic characteristics of the materials being assorted just at that moment. The magnetized and non-magnetic parts of the material can be separated from each other very exactly in this way.
Except the feeding and assorting module we deliver a control box with PLC control system, touch screen etc. as the optional accessories.
Conditions to ensure the correct functionality of separators for non-ferous metals
Owing to the fact that the outreach of magnetic field at this type of separator is rather short, the distribution of the lowest layer of the material on the conveyor belt of the separator has to be taken into cosideration. And it is in such a way so that the height of the material being on the conveyor corresponds to the material fraction approximately and creates a monolithic mono-layer. The material should fall preferably in the loosened condition on the conveyor. All of this can be achieved e. g. by a vibration feeder or other special elements ensuring good spreading of the material on the conveyor.
In the case of the versions with the rotor embedded centrically there is a high risk of damage of the conveyor by a ferromagnetic particle caught by magnetic field of the rotor even also at the roller itself. That is why there is a need of noting rigorously separation of Fe particles before the entrance of the material on the conveyor belt especially at the centrical versions. Use magnetic drum, roller, plate or a combination of these to separate the unwanted metal particles
Deviding the materials based on their suitability for separation
Generally it is valid that the higher electric conductivity and volume of the individual pieces being separated is the bigger distance exists to which the material coming out of this separator is thrown away to. That is why e.g. pieces of aluminium can be separated more easily than short thin wires.
Well separable materials
These separators are ideal for the continual automatic separation of well conductive light non-ferrous metals (as for example copper, aluminium, magnesium, silver etc.). They are usable with certain limitations also to assort objects made of brass, zinc, gold, cadmium or tin.
Materials inconvenient for a separator for non-ferrous metals
On the contrary separators based on eddy currents cannot be used for separation of heavy or poorly conductive metals (stainless steel, lead, platinum, titanium etc.). The magnetic field the materials with a low electric conductivity in a minimum or even no extend and that is why they fall upright down by the effect of gravitation at the end of coveyor.
Our company porduces two types of separators for non-ferrous metals that diverge from each other principally in the way the magnetic rotor is embedded in the conveyor roller.
Principal properties of ECS-C RAM separator with an engine embedded centrically
- Small compact device
- we will test your material at the same device that is delivered to you by us subsequently
- quick replacement of the conveyer without a need of lifting the separator
- deep magnetic field
- high value of magnetic induction on the conveyer
- option to purchase a segregate driven roller with a magnetic rotor
- adjustable belt speed (up to 3 m/s) enables to reach very high processing capacities
- maximum rotational speed of the rotor (6000 revolutions/minute) is a guarantee of reliable separation of non-ferrous metals of even smaller fractions
- we produce in the working widths by 100 mm (from 500 to 2000 mm)
- separator is recessed with a belt with the bellows to prevent falling off the material out of the conveyer and a tenon to prevent damage of the conveyer and roller by a ferromagnetic particle
- option to arrange a long-term accredited service bringing also a bonus in the form of significantly lower purchase price except ensuring the troublefree operation
Main features of ECS-E BULL separator with a rotor embeded excentrically
- • use of magnetic rotors with various poling (12 or 24) in the same separator (ECS-E BULL 12/24) increases the usability of it significantly
- quick replacement of conveyer (within 9 minutes latest – the quickest one of all competitors) without a need of lifting the device (it is valid for ECS-E BULL 12/24)
- your material will be tested by us by the device that will be delivered to you by us subsequently
- high magnetic induction value in the point of contact with the material (up to 3100 G)
- dense and fine magnetic field for catching grosser, middle-sized (ECS-E BULL 12/24) up to very fine non-ferrous particles (ECS-E BULL 40)
- fluently adjustable placemnt system (in two axes and two fractions at ECS-E BULL 12/24) and in two axes amd three fractions (non-metallic, heavy and light) at ECS-E BULL 40:
- 10-year guarantee for the magnetic core
- adjustable belt speed (up to 3 m/s) enables achieving very high processing capacities
- vast spectrum of magnetic poling (up to 40 póles at ECS-E BULL 40), extremely big diameter of magnetic rollers (490 mm at ECS-E BULL 12/24 and 700 mm at ECS-E BULL 40) and adjustable rotor rotational frequency (up to 4000 revolutions/minute) enable the separation of non-ferrous metals in a wide range of fractions
- we produce in working widths by 100 mm (from 500 to 2000 mm)
- option to arrange a long-term accredited service bringing also a bonus in the form of significantly lower purchase price except ensuring the troublefree operation of the separator
- wide range of angular setting of magnetic rotor
- option to buy additionally a segregate driven roller with a magnetic rotor with the different poling (12 or 24 poles at ECS-E BULL 12/24 variant) for separation of various fractions on the only device
- possibility of fixing a magnetic roller in the positions suiting best to the materials have been processed before
- separator is recessed with with a conveyer with bellows to prevent falling off the material out of the conveyer and a tenon to prevent damage of the conveyer and roller by a ferromagnetic particle
- Separation of non-ferrous metal particles from 25 mm
- Industrial automation system SIEMENS
- Magnetic flux on the pulley surface: 3 400 G
- 4 pole rare earth concentric rotor
The version with a magnetic rotor having 4 poles laid centrically. With its speed of approximately 3000 revolutions/ minute it is designed to separate bigger and lighter material fractions (e. g. separation of aluminium beverage cans). In the case of high-frequency rotating (6000 revolutions/minute) a high level of reliability of separation of even the materials crushed in a finer way is achieved.
|Product||Number of poles||Size of catchable particles (from – to)||Working width (mm)||Datasheet|
|ECS-C 500 RAM||4||from 50 mm||500||display PDF|
|ECS-C 600 RAM||4||from 50 mm||600||display PDF|
|ECS-C 800 RAM||4||from 50 mm||800||display PDF|
|ECS-C 1000 RAM||4||from 50 mm||1000||display PDF|
|ECS-C 1200 RAM||4||from 50 mm||1200||display PDF|
|ECS-C 1500 RAM||4||from 50 mm||1500||display PDF|
|ECS-C 1800 RAM||4||from 50 mm||1800||display PDF|
|ECS-C 2000 RAM||4||from 50 mm||4000||display PDF|
ECS-E BULL 12/24
- Separation of non-ferrous metal particles from 5 mm
- Industrial automation system SIEMENS
- Magnetic flux on the pulley surface: 3 100 G
- Magnetic rotor with 12 or 24 poles
- Eccentric system with the adjustable position of the magnetic pole
- Conveyor belt speed can be controlled
The version with a magnetic rotor laid excentrically either with 12 or 24 magnetic poles. You will change the assorting features of the separator principally by a mere replacement of the driven roller with a roller having a different number of poles. Materials of significantly different fractions can be assorted by only one separator. You will purchase the other driven roller only with a magnetic rotor poled in a different way without a need of purchasing the whole new separator.
ECS-E BULL 12 with a rotor with 12 magnetic poles is designed for a middle-sized material fraction (from 20 to 200 mm) and ECS-E BULL 24 with a 24-pole rotor is used for cleaning the materials of a finer middle-sized fraction (from 5 to 25 mm).
Typicals fields of application are crushed waste from households, plastic and rubber crushed material, crushed electro waste, wooden and compost type material, biomass, automobile crushed material, fire sand and crushed casting slag, removal of aluminium plugs and coils of crushed glass, separation of non-ferrous metals from alternative fuels for cement factories and power stations, cleaning grosser slag from incineration plants, use at demolition work etc.